- User Since
- Apr 5 2016, 5:57 AM (54 w, 6 d)
I really don't think this is the way to go about this. There is no point in slightly increasing the limit, as you can just as well find the new limit to be too low at some point in the future. I would be for keeping the 50 limit, but replacing it with a soft limit, that way, new users don't accidentally freeze their sims, but you are free to increase the the segments to whatever you want.
Thu, Apr 20
Wed, Apr 19
No idea why this stayed open so long...
I have completely removed Bullet's plNearestPoints from the new cloth collision system in the cloth-improvements branch. I have instead implemented a brand new and more reliable function, tailored specifically for the new collision response system.
Thu, Apr 13
Tue, Apr 11
Mon, Apr 10
Tue, Apr 4
Mon, Apr 3
Hey, glad to hear that you are using cloth. All the development in that regard is happening in the cloth-improvements branch: https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/cloth-improvements/
Sun, Apr 2
Hey, that is an odd behavior you are getting. No parameters changed between 2.76 and 2.78. The UI was just reorganized a bit, and the speed multiplier and dynamic base mesh features were added, but all the parameters are still the same.
Fri, Mar 31
Sun, Mar 26
It seems that @ronan ducluzeau (zeauro) clarified the issue, and that there is no bug here after all. Closing.
Like @Alex (SpectreFirst) said, the issue is the scale. Particle distribution is calculated in local coordinates, thus distribution will be off when the object is scaled unevenly in global space. Applying the scale fixes the issue.
No bug here, closing.
Like @ronan ducluzeau (zeauro) said, each object can only be one smoke type. Switching between types will reset the settings.
This is expected behavior, so no bug here. Closing.
Mar 25 2017
Yes, that fixed it. Thanks @Brecht Van Lommel (brecht) :)
Just for reference, I'm running Arch with OpenBox.
Hey @Brecht Van Lommel (brecht), something did indeed break, hehe.
For me Blender is segfaulting on startup (linux). Here is an asan log:
================================================================= ==15131==ERROR: AddressSanitizer: SEGV on unknown address 0x000000000000 (pc 0x7f4392681d36 bp 0x7ffc21efaa80 sp 0x7ffc21efa1f8 T0) #0 0x7f4392681d35 in strlen (/usr/lib/libc.so.6+0x81d35) #1 0x7f4397ecbe3b in __interceptor_strlen /build/gcc/src/gcc/libsanitizer/asan/asan_interceptors.cc:577 #2 0x7f4393633b34 (/usr/lib/libX11.so.6+0x48b34) #3 0x7f4393634e8a in XrmGetStringDatabase (/usr/lib/libX11.so.6+0x49e8a) #4 0x4ab41bf in GHOST_WindowX11::getDPIHint() /home/luca/Blender/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_WindowX11.cpp:1686 #5 0x4a97d3b in GHOST_GetDPIHint /home/luca/Blender/blender/intern/ghost/intern/GHOST_C-api.cpp:920 #6 0x1f1388d in wm_window_set_dpi /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c:380 #7 0x1f144a8 in wm_window_ghostwindow_add /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c:486 #8 0x1f149d6 in wm_window_ghostwindows_ensure /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_window.c:565 #9 0x1eb1128 in WM_check /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm.c:395 #10 0x1ed8cd4 in wm_homefile_read /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_files.c:834 #11 0x1ee36ac in WM_init /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/blender/windowmanager/intern/wm_init_exit.c:195 #12 0x1ea7786 in main /home/luca/Blender/blender/source/creator/creator.c:431 #13 0x7f4392620510 in __libc_start_main (/usr/lib/libc.so.6+0x20510) #14 0x1ea6f49 in _start (/home/luca/Blender/build_linux_debug/bin/blender+0x1ea6f49)
Mar 23 2017
Just a little update to fix a blenderplayer linking error, and a minor UI issue.
I'll be committing as soon as I get around to writing docs for this...
Mar 19 2017
Mar 18 2017
Mar 17 2017
Mar 16 2017
Mar 15 2017
Mar 14 2017
Mar 13 2017
Mar 12 2017
Mar 10 2017
At first glance, this seems like a bug in Bullet. As far as I can tell from a quick look, this wrong activation isn't triggered by any of Blender's activation calls, so it is probably Bullet activating the object on its own will...
Mar 9 2017
Mar 7 2017
Mar 6 2017
Mar 4 2017
Mar 1 2017
It isn't in 'a' because it was committed after that release.
It isn't in 'b' because that only included performance improvements.
It isn't in 'c' because that was only to fix regressions caused by 'b'.
Feb 28 2017
Feb 27 2017
Cloth is getting a lot of changes, so this will probably have a new implementation later.
Dropping this for now.
Dropping this, as I found it to cause some side effects with modal operators on cached objects...
The whole cashing system should get replaced for 2.8 anyway, so this doesn't really matter much.
Feb 24 2017
Feb 23 2017
I think this is all good now.
Just noting that it is patching fine, except for DNA_object_force.h (still has whitespace issues, but was just one line, so I patched it manually for testing...)
Feb 19 2017
Looking at the code, this seems good :) (just a few little comments inline).
However, I didn't test, because the patch doesn't apply. I suspect that your editor is replacing tabs with spaces, messing up the diff.
Also, please use tabs for indentation, except in Python (refer to https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/New_Developer_Advice#Note_on_Configuration)
Feb 18 2017
I still don't see why, but since it seems to be Blender's policy, I changed .enabled to .active. Also fixed a little typo.
Feb 17 2017
Addressed inlined comments.
Pushed to blender2.8