- User Since
- Aug 23 2018, 11:14 AM (59 w, 5 d)
Jan 5 2019
@Sebastian Parborg (zeddb)
Thanks for adivice.
I have switched threads to 1 and it actually fixed the issue it draws without the lag, but if I put anything else then 1 to the thread count it starts lagging again.
Jan 4 2019
For me it happens with any blend file (just tested again with latest builds). I have also tested it on few different PCs (one pc with amd ryzen 1700 CPU/GTX 1080Ti and another with amd ryzen 2700x/GTX 1080Ti)
Blender 2.79 has also the same issue for me.
Sorry, but I could not find (Render > Performance > Threads to 1) option.
Dec 5 2018
I also noticed, that if the brush size is much smaller, then the issue disappears, or even with larger brush the lag is not so bad. the worst lag is with medium size brush..
Dec 1 2018
Nov 30 2018
Sorry, but I spoke too soon. It still crashes with other objects (maybe default cube is not complex enough). It still crashes with my own project, or monkey head mesh.
Have attached blend file for referance.
- with "Face selection masking" enabled go to edit mode select few faces
- go back to paint mode, and do couple of strokes
- go back to edit mode and select other few faces
- go back to paint mode, and do couple of strokes and it will crash
It always crashes on the second time.
Issue was resolved with the latest build. Thanks!