- User Since
- Nov 7 2017, 3:58 PM (45 w, 2 d)
Feb 4 2018
Workaround: I'm using v2.79 and experiencing same problem as described, where regardless of which monitor I was using as my main display, Blender was always opening up in the secondary monitor. I forgot to do a diff on the startup files, but this is how I worked around it: In Windows 10 I have a single video card with multiple monitors, but I think the problem is in the settings somewhere and doesn't matter the setup:
- I had to right-click on the Desktop and select Display Settings.
- Under "Multiple Displays" I changed it from "Extend These Displays" to "Duplicate These Displays"
- I opened Blender and with it selected in the primary display I Saved Startup File and then Close Blender.
- Under "Multiple Displays" I changed it from "Duplicate These Displays" back to "Extend These Displays"
- Reopen Blender, and it opens in the primary display as selected.
If I get a chance, I'll try to experiment to see exactly what is happening here, but in the meantime I hope this helps!
Nov 11 2017
Nov 7 2017
It didn't seem to fit in anywhere else, and since most of the code existed in separate pieces - I thought this might have been the best place to start the discussion. I'll head over to the resources you mentioned at the other sites. THANK YOU for all the hard work you all do to make Blender so awesome!