- User Since
- Sep 22 2007, 1:21 PM (526 w, 1 d)
Tue, Sep 26
Well, so maybe 2.8 could be a good point to make this change..?
Sep 19 2017
In fact, there is an inconsistency between Face duplication (Z to Z) and Vertex duplication (Z to -Y).
Aug 6 2017
(I assume that discussion causes no harm here and I assign this outdated task to myself.)
this task (38441) is closed and the links at the top of this page don't work anymore. You can download the file from blender addons repository or from github, currently these are both the same.
- Abbreviation: fixed in rBAc960569 (upstream 1daeb8).
- Unfold again: this behavior is on purpose, so that Unfold does not discard all your work on island naming. It never assigns a name twice (unless you already have this conflict in the original list).
The problem was that blender-addons repository contains a completely wrong version of the script. Apparently I forgot to update it for a long time. Sorry, and thank you for the report.
Aug 5 2017
I added a notice if the unit scale is wrong:
If you want to see the other solution (dirty hack) in action, check out the unit_scale branch. It seems pretty much to work, though.
Jul 16 2017
Explanation: the number spinners in Blender think that they display some length information about the scene, which is not the case here -- on-paper dimensions should not be influenced by scene unit scale. They live in a different world.
Apr 18 2017
Okay. I'll surely look into the new gl api as soon as a draft is published. I have recently noticed the mesh_snap_utilities_line script that does a very similar thing but more efficiently, so I'll perhaps coordinate with its developer somehow.
Apr 13 2017
Feb 21 2017
Feb 16 2017
This is fixed on github already: https://github.com/addam/Export-Paper-Model-from-Blender/issues/49
I will sync the changes (and some more) to addons-contrib over the weekend.
Jan 17 2017
Yup, in fact the script creates a button in mesh edit toolbox. It just doesn't seem possible to attach it directly next to the Bisect button.
Dec 13 2016
Oct 23 2016
Sep 25 2016
@Sybren A. Stüvel (sybren) Thank you! I remember I had some issues with pushing to the addons-contrib repo, but I'll try again and add some more updates soon.
Jul 20 2015
Carlos, this tracker item is already abandoned. The script itself has been included in Blender Contrib repository, and can also be downloaded directly: F210208
I believe that the scale settings are working correctly now, and if not, I'd take care to fix it.
"""(...) the SMOOTHSTEP node can be implemented using already existing node (...) 9 nodes in total."""
May 13 2015
Mar 20 2015
Mar 18 2015
Feb 10 2015
This commit was made by me. Arc just doesn't link it to my username because of the extra letter in Addam, which I won't use from now on.
Also, I pushed this manually from D283 because arc land did some weird things.
Feb 9 2015
Nov 13 2014
could somebody please check this script (the updated differential revision)? I made a lot of fixes and improvements, and I'd love to get it into a release.
EDIT: the github link seems to be broken. Try this one instead.
fix: non-2-manifold edges would cause a crash (merged from master)
Oct 26 2014
Good; now this diff is again ready for code review.
(sorry for the mess, I'm still learning how to use Arcanist)
Removed the object_convert_to_armature.py script, should not be a part of D283.
Trying to make a complete diff (again), with two more commits:
- code cleanup; leaving broken output of markers
- fix: converting dimensions throughout the process
Oct 24 2014
Updates based on campbellbarton's comments:
- style changes (a lot of them)
- UI: 3D toolbox: tabbed interface, split panel into two
- API update: 2d cross product. Removed the cross_product function
- added __slots__ to all classes that are more than singletons
- use tempfile module for embedding images, instead of random names
- linked images: use relative paths and convert to forward slashes in SVG
Other improvements and new features:
- Outer line is a contiguous SVG path (suitable for cutting plotters)
- new operator: Clear All Seams
- Island.join/is_below: robustness against various kinds of disgusting geometry
- explicit check: touching vs. crossing boundaries
- changed boundary_sorted -> boundary (hopefully a speedup)
- rename 'Make Unfoldable' -> 'Unfold' everywhere
- improved main_faces selection
(...and many fixes of various importance)
I made quite a lot of changes in the code and hopefully I understood a bit how Phabricator works, so I'm trying to update this.
May 12 2014
I was not aware of __slots__, thanks. I added it to all the classes for mesh data, not to the singletons and operators. It even made a performance boost of about 10% on my system :)
May 11 2014
I cleaned up the code and did a few other fixes. There are still many improvements to make, but I believe the code is ready for review.
The current version is here:
Feb 16 2014
I currently commit updates to the prerelease branch on github. I mostly cleaned up the code, and I should yet fix the Limit Island Size functionality.
Then, I will post the file as an attachment again.
Feb 2 2014
I forgot to mention the corresponding BA.org thread. I use it for announcements and people mostly use it for reporting bugs.
Nov 28 2013
So, if the right-click menu is hard to discover, shouldn't the Python path be better there? That way, it could be copy/pastable as well.