- User Since
- Jul 9 2014, 7:45 PM (271 w, 13 h)
Tue, Sep 17
- Fix Gpencil matrix
- Fix crash due to drawing with buffers not big enough
Mon, Sep 16
I think it's more related to the de-correlation factor I applied on soft shadows sampling. The factor is ~1000 so maybe changing this factor may reduce convergence time. But it's a bit black magic at this point, it can work in some case and fail in others.
Sun, Sep 15
When we debugged with LazyDodo yesterday we found out that probe_display pass was the issue. Maybe there is other passes that crash. Our tests lead to the modelBlock ubo. It seems to be an issue with the way it is setup or queried as the crash does not occur if the ubo is renamed (and not used).
Sat, Sep 14
Fri, Sep 13
With D4997 applied, the slowdown.blend file is ~32fps which is about the same performance as 2.79 [which is around 30fps (hard to tell because the fps is really not stable)].
I did some exploration of the idea. (see P1099)
Implemented in rBffd5e1e6acd2
Implemented by rBcaf494444cd7
Thu, Sep 12
Wed, Sep 11
Tue, Sep 10
- Fix intel performance regression
Ok just adding back ModelMatrix triggers the legacy path and just draw without instancing, bringing back old performance for intel.
- Fix previous fix
A test with the spaceship test file show that the slowdown is not acceptable:
Workbench time 9.7ms > 15.5ms
- DRW: Fix crash with old intel GPU driver
- GPencil: Fix wrong stencil ID clearing
- GPU: Fix shader crashing on some intel gpu
Sun, Sep 8
Sat, Sep 7
After trying Sobol, I settled on using a multiplicator to halton as the points are better distributed than Sobol (in my opinion).
Fri, Sep 6
Thanks for raising awareness. After investigating, it seems to be a correlation artifacts. The same random numbers are used for AA and soft shadows jitter.
About the intel performance regression. I would really like some help in testing if the difference is noticeable in normal scene on other drivers/GPU.
Commited as rBd8aaf25c23fa
Thu, Sep 5
Ha right! This is because translucency is now done as a separate pass in post and is not computed before the shader to RGB. I will have to add it as a limitation.
The regression were fixed but the tests hair_instancer_uv and visibility_particles were actually broken in 2.80 (scale affecting normals). Will update tests references after committing.
- DRW: Fix regression when rendering using index ranges
- DRW: Resource Handle: Use manual bitmasks and bitsifts
- Workbench: Fix volumetric rendering
- GPencil: Fix crash during render
- DRW: Add DRW_shgroup_clear_framebuffer
- GPencil: Replace stencil hack by clear commands
- EEVEE: Fix contact shadows masking translucency BSDF
- EEVEE: Fix Translucent BSDF indirect lighting and bent normal