- User Since
- Jul 20 2014, 9:47 AM (273 w, 4 d)
Jun 13 2016
Apr 25 2016
Where can I find a Win 64 build I want to test it further
Apr 19 2016
Apr 18 2016
Nov 6 2015
Here the same blend file
I only deactivated the [ x ] in the skin Mod. panel and it fix, for this kind of model always use the mirror modifier is more flexible and non destructive but if the skin Mod get fixed it will be nice
Oct 11 2015
@Khanh Ha (khanh_ha)
Thanks for your'e effort to improve the skin mod this is and excellent tool I have some old ideas for the skin modifier I think would be useful.
- auto generate vertex group-color for limbs or manual this will ensure that the user can isolate part for most easy way to edit the mesh "similar to zbrush poly-groups" in Zsphere
- would be nice to manually reduce the resolution on selected limbs " good for low poly modeling or if your skin model is ready to convert to mesh "
- visual feedback for limbs with [ mark loose or other change ] could be a vertex with different color or size, so the user know this branch is market as loose " like the pin vertex in the UV "
Oct 9 2015
@Khanh Ha (khanh_ha), @Campbell Barton (campbellbarton)
Hello @Khanh Ha (khanh_ha), @Campbell Barton (campbellbarton)
Oct 8 2015
wonderful news I think is the best decision to improve what already there I will collaborate for heavy testing and give feedback anyway I'm in the process to make a video showing how I use the skin modifier, tricks, tips, different application and technique etc...
Oct 7 2015
Hi @Khanh Ha (khanh_ha), @Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) and @nicholas Francis (nicholas) Bishop (nicholasbishop)
Oct 4 2015
Oct 3 2015
can you make a win64 build I can't do it i don't have visual studio to do it.
Sep 30 2015
when you move "A" , "B" rotate this behavior don't happen in Bshop skinMod version
Sep 25 2015
Here are an screen of the result and blend file
@Khanh Ha (khanh_ha)
Much better behavior, know i can get much closer to the shape I want here are some observation.
- the hole option wen activated is not as perfect as wen I use my trick to make hole and don't let extrude inside check the attach blend file some vertex with the hole option and with my technique.
- wen I use the bulging effects technique is too strong is much better if I can control the bulging with scaling X, Y OR uniform
- I love the flatten option in combination with the hole trick I use I get nice result
- i would like to see the Mark Loose option is really useful to make wings, fins etc...
- I notice wen I'm moving a mirror vertex the branch rotate to much is not stable I don't see this behavior in the skin mod.
in the blend file check the two mesh at the top one with the Bskin and the other with the SkinMod move the two arm and see the rotation behavior.
Thank, testing time
Sep 24 2015
ummmm can you make a win64 build to test
Sep 16 2015
Here is my system info
@Sergey Sharybin (sergey) Sharybin
did you read my post here I have the same problems an my card is an nvidia geforcxe gts 250 i attached a text file
_Win 7 64bit
_Geforce GTS 250
_Intel icore 5 quad
@Khanh Ha (khanh_ha)- Acyclic mesh would be processed better if designer manually select vertex for cutting graph to cyclic mesh. Do you think it would cause annoyed?
The orange is the SkinMod and Blue is your implementation Bskin
Ok here is what I mean by smooth transition i like the straight result is useful if you want to model hard surface like weapons, blade, hydrant etc... but is not good for organic modeling.
Sep 15 2015
Trying to get the same result as SkinMod "N-Bshop" with the Bskin; in flexibility and results the old one are much better and judge the results for yourself. I think this new Bskin implementation cant be included as a n alternative skinning but not as a replacement for the SkinMod.
Sep 13 2015
Thanks for the build today is testing time...
Sep 12 2015
I prefer subdi-modifier It is less destructive and more intuitive if you get the same result as the skinMod i think will be better.
Sep 11 2015
Here is the same blend file with tree layer and different test with the two modifier hope this cant be useful, Cambell in the second layer are two dog the one with the skin mod have an old problem with mirror.
I discover that i can do nice hole with your Bskin system but is not stable and is tricky i can do hole to with the other skinMod and is more tricky.
thanks for you're reply i hope to see the same level of control in you're implementation and more stable Bskin Mod
Any news on this
Sep 9 2015
Old SkinMod bug "Nicholas version"
Here is another blend file with a new layer so you can see the level of detail i can achive with the skin mod.
- there is an old bug with the skin mod you can see in the Dog the mirror part have a bad generation
- in the Nicholas implementation i can have various independent mesh with his own root [ example in the first layer ]
- in the Bskin there is a bug wen train to connect more than one vertex to the mirror axis or to another vertex the skin dessapear.
- if i apply the mirror modifier to an edge then the bskin one of the x axis generate skin disappear but if I move the Bskin mod to the top the mirror part appear again. I solve this by moving the bskin to the top then I activated clipping in the mirror mod. and move a vertex to the mirror plane then I move the Bskin mod. back down the mirror mod.
- If I connect any vertex to the mirror plane or to another branch the skin disappear
Give me some time to elaborate the description i have to many work right know but let me answer your question
Sep 8 2015
I usually use one subdivision level not more i like to see how the topology change in the skin generation to drive the flow of quad polygons; About the new Bskin is more limited than the Nicholas implementation for know I know it development is in progress an there thing to improve, wen i have time i will make a better description of the two for you to improve and some trick i can do whit the Nicholas implementation the i can't do whit the new one.
Here is the blend file if you want to test and compare the skin mod i recommend to move some vertex, scale etc.. and see the behavior in the two modifier.
This is my firs test i have some feedback i hope i have time tomorrow to do more test for know the Bskin is more stable wen extruding multiple vertex from a branch there are some bug whit mirror modifier i report it tomorrow the skin mod is more organic and i can make more complex shape i hope you can fix the old skin mod limitation keep the good work really nice.
Sep 7 2015
Ok I've awaiting for this thanks i'm excite to test this new upgrade
OH nice I'm awaiting for windows 64 build to test this upgrade and thanks Khanh Ha
If any one make a build i can make some image, test and give feedback you can see some of my skin modifier proyect here SkinMod work
Aug 26 2015
Keep crashing in all mode latest build [ 6ca12d1 ]
Aug 9 2015
i downloaded today buildbot an still crash after activating opensubdiv no matter what system code 'glsl. cpu, openmp etc..' its crash immediately
my card is an nvidia geforce gts 250 1gb is an old one but it support opengl 3.3
the problems happens wen activating opensubdiv
i'm using the buildbox official 64bit hash fef31aa