- User Since
- Jan 6 2021, 10:02 PM (82 w, 3 d)
Fri, Aug 5
Mon, Aug 1
Tue, Jul 19
Jun 23 2022
Jun 20 2022
Removing myself as assignee, since the task is closed, but will still try to tackle it once I have the time.
Thanks for the ping, @Pratik Borhade (PratikPB2123)! I had this on my list, but didn't have too much time recently to work on Blender things.
I have a first version working now (see video below) and I'll try to find the time to prepare a patch over the next weeks.
Jun 16 2022
Hello, @kursad k (kursadk) and thanks a lot for the report! I think this is the expected behavior, though - see below for the explanation.
I'll close the report, but feel free to get back at me, if you think I misunderstood what you mean.
Yes! I wasn't too sure at first, but at this point I believe keeping a theme-able outline will be better in the long run.
- Update to current state off master.
- Address comments.
Jun 11 2022
- Fix missing highlight for "node drop" functionality.
- Even out the dash spacing on straight node links.
Hey, @João Generoso (juaogeneroso)! Thanks a lot for the report.
Update to current state of master.
Jun 9 2022
Jun 8 2022
Jun 5 2022
Jun 2 2022
Additionally to the updated patch, I tried how it would look with an outline:
- Cleanup the changes in the shader.
- Adjust the link thickness and its clamping a bit to work better with standard dpi screens.
- Remove unnecessary geometry of the links that were used to draw the shadow.
- Remove all uses of the shadow color.
- Change naming of the "Wire" user preference since it now only changes the socket outline color.
When I read the report, I was about to give a similar response as @Iliya Katueshenock (Moder) considering how the code is written.
I see how this is confusing to users, though.
May 31 2022
For now I updated the patch to not change the range of the frame label size anymore.
At 64 the label is already several times larger than any other text drawn in the node editor so it should properly address T95105. This is now the "fix only" version of the patch.
- Change maximum frame label size back to 64.
May 30 2022
Now that the shadow is gone I noticed there are a few things that can be simplified.
May 27 2022
May 26 2022
May 25 2022
- Update to current state of master.
- Adjust node background grid parameters to match the tighter spacing better.
- First cleanups to make things better organized.
May 24 2022
I can reproduce this. The texture/mapping nodes are added way below the selected node.
- Unexpose the "Hide new sockets" option as it's more of an implementation detail.
- Add a NODE_HIDE_UNUSED_SOCKETS flag to store the "hidden sockets" state of nodes.
May 21 2022
Thanks for the update, @ardem (ardem). Great that you could resolve the issue!
I'll close the task, but feel free to open a new one, if you run into this again and it seems to be an issue with Blender.
May 12 2022
Hello @yonghao lv (Atticuslv) and thanks a lot for the report!
May 10 2022
May 9 2022
Update to current state of master.
May 5 2022
Apr 23 2022
Hey @Sven Zethelius (szetheli), thanks a lot for the report and nice that you actually took the time to investigate the issue! :)
Apr 20 2022
Apr 18 2022
- Rebase on master.
- Remove unnecessary comment.
Apr 16 2022
Updated the patch to gather feedback here: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/feedback-wanted-on-node-layout-changes-to-match-the-node-grid/23904/30
- Change node snap grid size to 0.55 U.widget_unit (half of what it was before).
- Adapt the multi input socket to to match that new grid size by making the link gap also 0.55 U.widget_unit
- Adapt node dot background to also match the smaller snap increment
Apr 14 2022
Apr 13 2022
Apr 12 2022
- Update to current state of master
- Rather than looking for the output nodes in python it's now done in rna_node_socket_interface_display_shape_get. Still not super thrilled about how this is done, but better than doing it from python.
Apr 10 2022
Hidden nodes are now aligned on the same grid as the other sockets.
- Clean up, formatting and improved variable naming.
- Align hidden node with socket snap grid.
- Fix label text wiggling, when toggling between hidden and normal node state.
So far I hadn't given them too much thought except changing their positioning so their horizontal center axis is aligned with the sockets. This way if they have only one output it can be properly aligned with reroutes and other sockets at least. (This is not yet part of the uploaded patch).
Apr 9 2022
Thanks for checking.
I think, then it's save to assume that this is the same issue as T71771.
Just pointing out some mostly superficial stuff. :)
Also, better run clang format before submitting/updating patches to match blender's formatting style. See: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Tools/ClangFormat