- User Since
- Jul 14 2010, 12:27 PM (427 w, 18 h)
Oct 17 2017
Thank you Brecht, I couldn't find an answer, now I have it :)
I hope this can be solved sometime down the road.
I don't have any problem on my side though, with reading and writing EXR files with Blender.
Hello, not sure where to find someone who could answer that specific question, but in Blender 2.79, OpenEXR DWAB compression has been removed, there's only DWAA left. Why is this?
Isn't DWAB supposed to be slightly better compressed and generally faster to load?
Jul 1 2015
I confirm the issue is fixed in daily builds. Thank you all for the replies :)
Jun 30 2015
Oh yes, I forgot to add that sorry, I made the test addon too fast.
Here is the demonstration addon
Jun 25 2015
I confirm. I export to fbx, then import in Unity, and my objects are 100x larger. (Blender 2.75 RC)
Jun 23 2015
Sep 18 2014
Ok, I tested it with version 8c3daab (2014-09-17) and it exports fine in Unity now. Excellent!
Well, Blender 2.72 testbuild is from 2014-09-11, and you made the change the 14th, so of course I should test with a newer version, stupid me
Will try from the buildbot, there is a new release just today.
Sorry for the useless comments...
I tested with official Blener 2.72 testbuild, it still doesn't work...
Should I use an even more recent build ?
Sep 13 2014
Ok, will try. Thanks for the quick replies :)
I modified my fbx_utils.py, and exported again import.blend to Unity.
The issue is not completely solved
- the position is now correct
- BUT the rotation of the group instance is still wrong: compare it with how it is in Blender (2nd screenshot above). Notice also that Unity rotated the group by default, it should have a rotation of (0,0,0), just like the local mesh (the bigger one). Finally, notice also how the group is messed up at the bottom, in the asset view
I just checked, and local non-linked group instances ALSO are exported and imported in Unity INcorrectly.
Aug 31 2014
Aug 12 2014
I copy/pasted your changes from https://developer.blender.org/rBAe35de9d174291adab3b28ba660962dc0b084d9d3 into my export_fbx_bin.py
I'm still in Blender 2.71, so I hope your changes are compatible with that version... (Replacing my whole file with the new one gave me errors on export)
Aug 11 2014
if you have to re-create them in other app, you can as well re-create them from scratch…
I do recreate them, but I can't necessarily be able to specify in other apps what parts of the mesh should have them applied, I use Blender for that.
I modified the line you committed
in my export_fbx_bin.py.
Two example files :
One (lib_materials.blend) contains the 3 materials.
And the other (ref_materials.blend) has a cube that links to them. Try to export the cube to FBX, it won't work.