- User Since
- Jan 4 2018, 7:57 AM (96 w, 6 d)
Wed, Nov 6
Tue, Nov 5
Parentheses are added around ‘&&’ within ‘||’ to make it easier to understand and silence strict compiler warning.
Tue, Oct 29
The style of comments is modified.
Mon, Oct 28
Fri, Oct 25
Tab spacings were modified according to surrounding codes.
Thu, Oct 24
Jan 31 2018
Thanks for a quick fix. In the above patch, I found one initialization was missed:
(svm_closure.h, line 336)
bsdf->T = make_float3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
and it is not in function 'bsdf_microfacet_ggx_refraction_setup()', either.
Jan 30 2018
This patch might result in wrong merges of MicrofacetBsdf closures.
Jan 28 2018
I found that this patch made 'device_only_memory<T>' over-allocate device memory by a factor of sizeof(T). I think that line 248 of 'device_memory.h' should be revised from
data_size = num*sizeof(T);
data_size = num;
Jan 27 2018
I made a simple example showing the bug.
An emissive sphere is reflected on a floor with two different principled bsdfs. The left half has 'subsurface: 0.000' while the right half has 'subsurface: 0.300', so the latter is expected to look fuzzier.
Jan 26 2018
That's it! Thanks for a quick fix!
Although I cannot test the patch at the moment, I am certain that it will work for the 'path tracing' mode because 'shader_bsdf_pick' and 'shader_bssrdf_pick' now perform sampling closures in the same way with the same 'randu' ( = PRNG_BSDF_U ). ( ... besides numerical issues. How about sharing the code body as a common function? )
Yes. I will upload the .blend file after this weekend.
I encountered an issue related to this patch. Using blender v2.79 I made a test scene having a floor with rough reflection. However, the floor was rendered like a mirror with the blender executable built with the latest master branch. I found that the phenomenon occurred when a single shader generated multiple BSDF closures along with BSSRDF closures.
Jan 17 2018
Oh... I've always taken a snapshot of projects/blender.git at the git://git.blender.org/blender.git but it has given me mixed files.
The master version contains the atomic version of util_math_matrix.h, as you said.
I also encountered this problem and found a remedy.
I have been working on a rendering project, which heavily relies on the cycles denoising feature. ( Thanks a lot~! )