- User Since
- Jul 12 2012, 12:49 PM (374 w, 6 d)
Jun 23 2019
May 23 2015
Had a bit more of a look/think about this and deriving the correct shape is not trivial, I think this kind of functionality would make more sense as an extension on what is in the corrective shape keys addon.
May 13 2015
May 11 2015
Mar 31 2015
Thanks for all your help with review and fixes.
Mar 30 2015
Mar 29 2015
@Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) just looking through your changes on the new branch, looks good, and looks like I have lots of reading on C optimisations to do at some point.
Mar 26 2015
Mar 23 2015
- Change ui range of smoothing factor to positive only
Posted a thread on BA: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?366313-Delta-Mush-Modifier
Mar 22 2015
- Addressed a few more review comments - turns out I already know how long the vectors I am using form normal weighting are - I normalised them already.
- More fixes, including removing the DerivedMesh copy
@Campbell Barton (campbellbarton), I have addressed you comments so far, and I was wondering, is there a simpler way of setting up the bind button in the UI that defining a whole operator just to essentially flip a bit?
- Address some more review comments, including moving invalidation of deltas to rna callbacks
Mar 21 2015
Thanks. Yeah I'm planning on making a thread on BA when I got the code fairly stable and sorted out.
Update the patch with boundary pinning.
- Address some review comments and add in pinning for boundary verts.
Mar 19 2015
- fix smoothing
Did a big tidyup and a bunch of improvements.
Massive rework of modifier.
- Changed to use first face/loop tangent to calculate tangent space
- Now directly calculates tangent space
- Now uses new edge weighted smoothing method
- Now stores rest positions of vertices and re-calculates the deltas when smoothing params change
- Vertex groups now only apply to the smoothing, and deltas are re-calculated when weights change (this should lead to a more intuitive effect)
- smoothing is now always displayed when not bound
- when bound, there is now a toggle to display only the effects of smoothing
Mar 18 2015
Thanks, I just had a quick shot with that and initial tests look good, no spinning around normals of the deltas so far.
Mar 17 2015
Didn't get as far as I hoped with changes tonight, so no new patch.
Mar 16 2015
bobizib, thanks for the link to the paper, I'll have a read and see about trying that smoothing alg.
Added an updated diff with warning stuff + smoothing method change
- Campbell Barton's warning fixup + a couple of changes
- Change smoothing method to use normal smooth modifier
Thanks Matt Heimlich,
Interesting about the smoothing mode. I'll take a look tonight when I get home from work. I did notice that the smoothing effect did seem to end up being pretty localised.