- User Since
- Nov 8 2011, 7:42 PM (414 w, 3 d)
Wed, Oct 16
Sun, Sep 29
Sep 17 2019
Hmm, didnt actually check the code, but it possibly draws triangles in sculpt mode due to usage of MLoopTris instead of MFace, aka triangle only mesh representation vs tri and quad like before.
( I doubt sculpting supports ngons and polys directly, but i could be wrong here.) Could also be the drawing code does own triangulation there.
Tried the provided blend with 76650402f300 and a master version from september 13th.
Except maybe the extraneous green dot "far away" from the active vertex I also had no flicker or locking.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel UHD 620 (laptop) (Lol, a miracle 2.8 seems to run flawlessly with this hardware :) )
Sep 16 2019
Sep 13 2019
improved sharpening mode : usable for csg objects and now threaded with tbb::parallel_for
Sep 12 2019
Sep 11 2019
sharpen features works with accumulate now + a few cleanups
Sep 10 2019
some linux compile fixes
removed some now unnecessary old experimental, active code
Not necessary any more since particle meshing functionality is included as mode toggle inside D4960 (voxel remesher / metaball remesher)
- Improved the gaussian smoothing algorithm and using this instead of openvdbs standard gaussian
- added sharpen edges / corners feature for voxel remesher to try to preserve original features of the mesh
- included particle meshing mode into voxel remesher. It belongs there too, since it shares openvdb and volume csg logic. This would be duplicated otherwise. A new modifier also creates more noise as other modifier devs need to take care of new numbering, modifying a lot of more files etc. It is just more hassle to add a new modifier than to add a new mode to a thematically totally related modifier, aka remeshing. It is also easier for users to remember to look for one modifier and know that the functionality is grouped in there.
Sep 2 2019
Aug 26 2019
Aug 20 2019
Ok, seems the desired effect of variable speed control can be already achieved by animating the override frame and / or the frame offset. Furthermore it would have introduced hassles with the previous frame state being potentially inconsistent. Closing.
- changed the RNA wording
- exposed a readonly timecode to the UI
- attempted to get rid of backward moving of objects when reducing the frame scale interactively or via keyframe, but objects seem to be temporarily stuck, any ideas for this ? Probably not properly solveable... hmm
Aug 11 2019
Now showing both the source and the call locations of the operator for addon python operators and included python operators like uv smart project.
Also added a "Source" button to toggle back to the source if you changed to one of the call locations.
Furthermore now (mostly) pointing to the correct line of the call in the according draw function.
added context.area.tag_redraw() after executing the operator. This correctly now draws the populated box layout without need to hover over it.
Jul 26 2019
Maybe just as another idea: what about volume-based boolean operations with OpenVDB ? But... the remesher can so far only make "soft" edges / beveled edges… it is (imho) very hard to nearly impossible to get sharp edges.
But you get different advantages like not needing to worry about self-intersections for example (although a volume of a flat object still is an issue, obviously).
Jul 25 2019
Jun 17 2019
May 31 2019
since @Brecht Van Lommel (brecht) and me discussed the revival of the particlemesher in blender.chat, setting him as reviewer here.
Solved the particle issue by treating the particlemesher modifier like the dynamic paint and smoke modifiers regarding particle system copy and deletion.
Fixed some crash bugs regarding loading and saving as well as copying objects with this modifier too.
Need to deal properly with Ngons still for the mask object, like using looptris or something like that.
But i think a first pass of general review may already happen.
May 30 2019
add an inline comment marking the area of the problem
Setting on "Planned Changes" since the particle issue is to be solved yet.
May 28 2019
May 27 2019
Apr 18 2019
Apr 17 2019
Apr 16 2019
Apr 13 2019
Apr 12 2019
Apr 11 2019
Apr 10 2019
Apr 9 2019
Apr 8 2019
Apr 7 2019
Apr 6 2019
i solved that modifier puzzle now... turned out i had to update the customdata pointers in the mesh and set the modifier to Constructive and SupportsMapping.
Had to look in the draw code for it and found a reference to mesh->mloopcol, thats the customdata pointer for the MLOOPCOL layer.
got vertexcolor reprojection operational BUT... in order to see it on the active modifier, you need to add e.g. an array mod with count 1 after it... There is surely some hack somewhere in either the modifier system or in the vertex paint mode preventing the remesh modifier outputting the reprojection data, but it is there.
Apr 5 2019
Hi, another patch incoming :)
Hi, i have made a small patch in order to attach that new remesher option to the remesher modifier. Should apply to sculpt-mode-features branch from April 5th, 2019.