- User Since
- Feb 6 2019, 5:35 AM (36 w, 1 d)
Sep 12 2019
Sep 9 2019
Sep 4 2019
Aug 2 2019
1 is not really 1, it's 1.0000000001 or something, so when you compare if it's greater than 1, you end up with 1 as a result.
It's precision problem, I found these 2 nodes to be the cause of it.
Since the stripes are in 0.25 steps, you can multiply it by 4, then floor it and compare if it's greater than 4. That makes the result look correct on Eevee, Cycles GPU and CPU are consistent but still incorrect, maybe there is another precision problem somewhere else.
Jul 25 2019
It seem too be a problem with precision. The vertices are perfectly on the yz plane but the faces are slightly incorrect, some parts are above while some other parts are below the yz plane which result in a weird render. If you move the vertices 0.001 unit along the y axis, it will solve the problem.
And it seem to happen only to Eevee
Jul 15 2019
Jun 26 2019
May 22 2019
May 13 2019
May 11 2019
May 9 2019
Apr 16 2019
This problem has been going on since forever and I wasn't able to use the Multires feature for anything serious. I heard some advises to click apply base to avoid it, but I find this advise to be incorrect since the apply base command only make it more severe.
To this day, I have not found a way to avoid the crease breaking and the Multires remains an unusable feature.
I really wish this problem to be fixed soon, it will open up so many possiblities.
Apr 10 2019
Mar 31 2019
The bug was fixed a couple of hours ago.
Gotta wait for the next daily build
Mar 30 2019
It's the texture coordinate node, it crashes the Eevee engine, Cycles rendered mode works fine for me. I reported the same bug before finding your report.
Mar 27 2019
Mar 21 2019
Mar 20 2019
This highlight offset issue also seems to happen in 2.79 btw.
Mar 19 2019
Feb 7 2019
I use Blender 2.79 for serious production and the the comb tool works properly.
When I set the strength to 0.38, in Blender 2.79, the brush fall off nicely from the center to the edge of the brush. In Blender 2.8, when I set the strength to 0.38, the fall off seems random, some vertices at the edge sometimes move faster than the ones at the center. The problem becomes more severe when I comb more hair at once, the hair quickly become tangling mess.
Setting the strength to 1 does get rid of the bug, but I the brush is too strong to be useful.