- User Since
- May 20 2018, 8:28 AM (145 w, 1 d)
Oct 26 2020
Sep 17 2020
Aug 16 2020
Tested on Xubuntu 20.04, works for me!
Aug 2 2020
- Blender seems to fail in deleting existing object in the rendering image (F12) step.
- Same issue happens in rendering animation (that's where I first noticed this).
Jul 11 2020
Updated diff from comments
Jul 6 2020
Updated patch with D8212 as prerequisite
Jul 1 2020
OK, devtalk thread created, let's discuss over there: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/build-pyopenvdb-as-part-of-make-deps/14148
Jun 29 2020
Added few inline comments.
Jun 28 2020
Cleaned up patch, updated summary with my current knowledge.
Jun 27 2020
@Ray molenkamp (LazyDodo) please feel free to update patch when you have something, any Windows help is appreciated. Yes, there are some things that need work. I'll update the description later on about my findings so far.
Jun 26 2020
Thanks @Brecht Van Lommel (brecht), I'll try do that. There are currently several issues related to building and using this that I need to document and to communicate with users if they try this on "make deps". What is a proper place for such information and user questions/discussions, maybe a devtalk thread, where I update the documentation?
Jun 25 2020
Sorry my miscommunication. My aim is to develop/maintain this diff for the people who need pyopenvdb in Blender, until such a time that pyopenvdb is included in Blender (if ever). Please let me know if there is a better approach, thanks!
remove extra print line
Jan 10 2020
OK thanks for info! I found the corresponding Python mesh operator: bpy.ops.mesh.delete_loose()
Dec 13 2019
Nov 17 2019
Aug 26 2019
is there some URL that is up-to-date which lists add-ons that need to be upgraded to 2.8? In case anyone has some spare time to help and wants to see if there is something interesting there..
Aug 11 2019
It looks like this goes down to somewhere in depsgraph/animation sources of Blender. Beyond my skills, so I hope someone more experienced can help. At least the F-curve is there apparently OK. Thanks @Lorenzo Celli (lorenzocelli) for confirmation.
Aug 9 2019
Hmm, it looks like the animated f-curve evaluates correctly in python console via D.node_groups['NodeTree'].animation_data.action.fcurves.evaluate() even though value shown in node is not updated.
I found out that this bug (keyframing property values is not working for custom nodes) seem to exist also in Animation Nodes on Blender 2.80, FYI @Jacques Lucke (JacquesLucke)
Aug 3 2019
Suggestions to consider:
- Merge "Add Mesh" with "Mesh" and Rename "Add Curve" to "Curve". Reasoning: simpler categorization, unless there is some reason to distinguish between adding and editing?
- Rename "Pie Menu" to "UI". Possibly merge "3D View" with "UI". Reasoning: Pie Menu as a high level category may be too specific?
Jul 22 2019
May 30 2019
May 26 2019
May 23 2019
Attached blend file which demonstrates the issue
Feb 1 2019
Glad that you like the result! Cheers for ye olde wiki! :-)
Jan 27 2019
OK, I'm glad to inform you that the static old wiki baking is finished. The current version is uploaded temporarily to http://tkeskita.kapsi.fi/temp/en.blender.org and download package is available in http://tkeskita.kapsi.fi/temp
Jan 20 2019
Third retrieve is proceeding (slowly), and in ~4 days it should be finished. At that time (before running html processing for all pages) I need feedback about suggestion in T48096#594983 by @nBurn (nBurn) to change warning text (and add link to an explanatory page). @Inês Almeida (brita_), @Francesco Siddi (fsiddi), @Aaron Carlisle (Blendify), anyone: do you agree? What URL to add for explanatory page? Some page in new wiki? Or better to leave warning as it is now?
Jan 13 2019
It looks like old Mediawiki doesn't want to work nicely with php7. Also there's no guarantee that the result will look anything like the current one, so I guess its gonna be a new 10 d crawl..
Jan 7 2019
Yes, the only special pages currently included are the edit and history pages. Technically, all those specials (non-existing parent page, what links here, recent user contributions for User:X pages) can be added, if someone else also seconds this motion? "What links here" and "recent user contributions" could be retrieved to e.g. links.html and contributions.html located under page folders. I don't think they would add too much to archive size, it would just take me time to do it.
Jan 6 2019
I would keep all the deleted pages and their redirects. This would avoid broken links.
Dec 31 2018
Ok, new version of archived wiki is available temporarily for review at http://tkeskita.kapsi.fi/temp/en.blender.org/
- Page list available in text and html formats. Pages now include also deleted pages and redirections to deleted pages. Page count is
5317353209 out of 53221, and all page directories listed in the XML dump have index.html, so I think it is now pretty much complete.
- Includes index.html, edit.html and history.html pages for each wiki page. History page lists date and username of 50 latest edits.
- Page names may contain underscores instead of spaces, and they should both be found. This was done by creating directory symlinks like "Release_Notes" that point to "Release Notes". Is this OK?
- All links to en.blender.org in pages have been converted into relative paths, so this can be freely placed in any directory and links should work. Since the whole script size is now 350 lines, the current bash script is attached here (updated version 2019-01-04):
Dec 21 2018
I've been wondering about history pages. After pages are static it will not be possible to do comparisons between versions, so you will only see who edited the page last and when. Is it still interesting to save history page? @Inês Almeida (brita_)?
Dec 20 2018
- The old wiki contains deleted pages, such as this, which redirects to here which is deleted. wget does not want to download such pages. Is it OK to leave these pages out, or should I try to find some way to get also them in? My script is collecting a list of these failed pages, let's see how long it gets.
- The old wiki contains pages with non-ascii characters in their page names, which at least my ext4 filesystem does not like to use correctly as directory name, such as this. I'm gonna convert all special characters in page names into %XX hexadecimal representation, using wget option --restrict-file-names=ascii. That way the pages will at least be downloaded, but I think they will not be found if you just try to access the static wiki like this, instead they would be accessible like this which makes it impossible to read. This affects only the page name, the page contents is still intact. Is this compromise acceptable? This affects only non-english pages.
- Just realized that the static wiki URL for "Page" would be "https://archive.blender.org/wiki/index.php/Page, so the base path is /wiki/index.php and not just /wiki. Is that OK?
- @Dan McGrath (dmcgrath) : My script has stopped running a few times, wget says "Unable to establish SSL connection." When I try to continue, the page is loaded without errors. Any ideas what is causing this? I'm not choking the server, am I?
Dec 16 2018
@Benjamin Humpherys (brhumphe) I don't know about mediawiki, but at least www server logs errors. Good idea to use those to make the final check, when I get there!
Dec 15 2018
thanks for your comment! Yes I abandoned my remaining few open tasks related to Blender Manual. My work during last month on Blender Manual has received mostly negative feedback and only few positive comments. I concluded that it is best for me to work on something else.
Dec 12 2018
Dec 11 2018
Uh oh, there are some lonesome island pages in the old wiki which are never linked to --> recursive wget did not find them. I need to do new retrieval with this pagelist. Maybe no need for acrobatics.. but this will take time.
Thanks, found em! There was a file which seems to list each page and links from it to other pages, which I hope I can use. Currently it looks mildly painful though, some relative path acrobatics is needed..
Dec 10 2018
@Francesco Siddi (fsiddi) : Thanks, I'll do that! I briefly tested that it indeed seems to fix the icon issue.
Dec 9 2018
@Tobias Heinke (TobiasH) Would you reconsider this if I can come up with a script that does the restructuring of rst files?
Dec 8 2018
Hi, I have been thinking about Blender 2.8 Manual structure, and I'd like to hear your comments on this idea. @Aaron Carlisle (Blendify), @Francesco Siddi (fsiddi), @Brecht Van Lommel (brecht), @Tobias Heinke (TobiasH) , @Inês Almeida (brita_) , anyone else?
If we choose to go with this Title Case style requirement, I think that the correction work would be made easier by using a find-replace bash command. D4052 shows an example for "Edit Mode". I'm sure its not perfect, but it seems to catch quite a few.
Dec 7 2018
The icon problem does not seem to be related to those three removed lines I mention in T48096#571067:
If you go to http://tkeskita.kapsi.fi/temp/en.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GSoC.1.html and check the very last link 'Getting Started' it doesn't match the target of the same link on https://en.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode
I can see that the target page https://en.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/Getting_Started was moved. Maybe that is what is causing the issue.
Dec 6 2018
Updated data-id image which contains no highlights.
Thanks, these have been taken into account in commit rBM4537.
New image which does not contain highlights in image.
Second round of corrections and here is also a new button popup image:
Thanks, I got the icons and put them to both to /extensions/TreeAndMenu/img and /extensions/BlenderTreeAndMenu/img but the navtree on left still does not show them. This is now going over my web skills. Maybe this is caused by my removal of these lines (below) in the source. If somebody knows about this, please suggest replacement strings.
@Aaron Carlisle (Blendify) please accept and close this differential, thanks!