- User Since
- Jan 3 2019, 11:50 AM (45 w, 3 d)
Sep 19 2019
If you think that some additional feedback could be useful:
- it would be nice to remember the size and the placement of the window
- I liked a lot the single click to enter a folder
- I feel weird that the Options button on the left side of the window is opening a panel on the opposite side
- personally, I'm switching a lot between the display modes. The fact that they are now one more click further in a menu instead of the main toolbar is slowing me down a little.
- it would be nice a "Select All" checkbox only for the Filter Blender IDs list (maybe instead of the small Blender icon)
Aug 30 2019
As it could be an alternative, it is not excluding the visible solution (the two dots with the up arrow). So it doesn't need to be discoverable at the first glimpse. But for the users knowing the trick (accustomed to this method as well as with the backspace from other file managers) this might be a pleasant surprise. So I do not see it as an inconvenient. On the other hand, Blender, like many other applications, is full of hidden tricks which are able to make you smile when you discover them. Just my 2c...
Aug 29 2019
A nice alternative method to go up one level which I like a lot in some file managers is the ability to double-click in the empty space of the list. The big advantage is that you don't need to move the mouse to find a specific spot/button to click to go to the parent folder. Could this be an improvement?
Jan 5 2019
@Rombout Versluijs (rombout)
Click and drag from bottom to top over sub-panel names to open quickly all the sub-panels in a panel. Click and drag from top to bottom to close the sub-panels. It works fine once you learn where to look for something. I'm missing though a global search in Preferences ...
I changed the video drivers from nouveau 1:1.0.15-2 to nvidia 340.107 as well as Blender to 4431c5825bf2 2019-01-03 and no crash occurred regardless how much I played with the Transform tool and gizmo or changed the display mode, shading options or the render engine.
Is there any particular interest in finding what's happening with the nouveau driver? I can switch back and try making it crash again for further investigations. Or is it enough to stick with the nvidia driver and only mention in the documentation's Troubleshooting section that the users may encounter issues when using nouveau?
Jan 3 2019
- That was the default driver enabled by the LinuxMint (LM) distribution. When I tried a switch to nVidia drivers (in LM 18.3 though) I got a blank screen with jagged colored sparkles :) I didn't make another attempt to switch after the upgrade to 19.1. But I'll take a deep breath tomorrow and I'll make some experiments ...
- I tried using only APU GPU in LM 18.3, but Blender was displaying only black objects in edit mode, and black triangles on faces in object mode. So, basically, not able to work at all. I'll try tomorrow to see if it is happening the same in LM 19.1.
Indeed, I just downloaded and tried the build from last night (11f2c65128dc) and it works well.
I close the ticket.