What is libmv?
libmv, also known as the Library for Multiview Reconstruction (or LMV), is the computer vision backend for Blender's motion tracking abilities. Unlike other vision libraries with general ambitions, libmv is focused on algorithms for match moving, specifically targeting Blender as the primary customer. Dense reconstruction, reconstruction from unorganized photo collections, image recognition, and other tasks are not a focus of libmv.
- Sign up for the libmv mailing list, and also the bf-vfx list.
- Join the IRC channel on #libmv and #blendercoders on irc.freenode.net - look for keir or sergey-vfx
- Check out & build the standalone version of libmv - needed to run unit tests & utilities
- Check out & build Blender - libmv is bundled in Blender and updated from the upstream libmv repository
- Write some code. Generally we follow the Google C++ Style Guide
- File tickets against the Libmv project
libmv is officially under the Blender umbrella, and so is developed on developer.blender.org. The source repository can get checked out independently from Blender.
To clone Libmv sources as read-only use:
git clone git://git.blender.org/libmv.git
To clone as read-write (needs ssh key):
git clone email@example.com:libmv.git