Sat, Sep 14
Fri, Sep 13
Thu, Sep 12
BLI_assert failed: //source/blender/blenkernel/intern/object_update.c:429, BKE_object_eval_eval_base_flags(), at 'base_index < MEM_allocN_len(view_layer->object_bases_array) / sizeof(Base *)'
It is working for all cases now( as far as I could check )
Wed, Sep 11
Hi when you say Numbering based on their Z location, I have a few questions : how should the tie be broken if say 2 cubes at the same height (Z direction) ?
This is a stupid one but I still don't get it Numbering should be done on homogeneous objects ( all Cubes, all bones ) or can be done on heterogeneous objects( Cube,sphere,planes etc) ?
Tue, Sep 10
Mon, Sep 9
We generally preserve some level of forward compatibility, but if you open the new mapping node in 2.80 it will definitely lead to data loss.
I think usually TexMapping would be tagged DNA_DEPRECATED?
In this case I can still see it being used/added in node_composit_init_map_value / BKE_texture_mapping_add (for the composit MapValue node) though...
@Philipp Oeser (lichtwerk) I see. Do we maintain forward compatibility in Blender?
So I guess what happens is:
- make a file (2, 81, 8) with mapping node OR open an older file with a mapping node in (2, 81, 8), save [TexMapping struct is gone]
- open that file in something like (2, 80, 75), save again
- open that one in (2, 81, 8) --> crash
Looks like the file from the report was saved in (2, 80, 75), if I save it again today, we are on (2, 81, 8)
@Omar Ahmad (OmarSquircleArt) : I tested a little bit and I can open my blend-file with blender-2.81-da25aca2677e-windows64. So the code that generates the error was integrated into blender after that version.
@Marcus Papathoma (machieb) Ok, thanks!
@Omar Ahmad (OmarSquircleArt) I saved my files with version blender-2.81-4c4a8bf588c5-windows64 I downloaded last friday. I think it is a buildbot version from thursday night. With the todays build I can´t open these files.
@Marcus Papathoma (machieb) You saved the file with last friday's build and Blender crashes when you open it with today's build?
Can confirm, checking... seems another problem with the new mapping node, crashes in versioning code...
Fri, Sep 6
This patch enables to replace text using groups.
Thu, Sep 5
Yes, this is the case - the object that owns the node tree is also referenced as the object there in the texture coordinate.
I also cannot reproduce (other than the situation @Brendon Murphy (meta-androcto) described).
If it is not the object sticking in the Texture Coordinate Node [which is not a bug], please post the .blend containing the NodeTree in question...
I think there should be support for incrementing, decrementing, and re-setting numbers, and using an arbitrary start value. So, for example, a user could rename a chain of bones "foo.004.L" "foo.003.L" "foo.002.L" if they wanted to.
It's also a good idea to think about using nested numbers. A Spider, for example, has eight legs and many segments per leg. The fifth bone on the third leg may be called Leg.002.004.L. Using this naming convention is easy for scripting, in my experience. Perhaps the batch rename operator could have a feature for renaming multiple bone chains at a time? Finally, it should be possible to keep number/left/right as is. Some users may wish for the option to start with 1 instead of 0, some users may wish to use zero padding, others will not ( 002 vs 2).
Uhu… you are right… Not sure why I could not produce any dragging yesterday evening with current branch, I did try a bit, weird. But yes, you have to wait a bit to get the dragging starting.
For me it works just like with the old file browser (tested with 2.80.74).
Wed, Sep 4
Issue here is actually that we never update bone constraints from bone layers that are not protected in the source armature (this allows users to remove constraints from bones of those unprotected layers as they like).
Tue, Sep 3
Cannot reproduce in simple files here.
Mon, Sep 2
Here are the Alembic file and the texture for the swapping face parts.
Moreover, in the beginning, the rigger used moving UV's as a way to stay with the same plane and still swap between the faces texture grid, but it also didn't work in Blende...
We have the same problem:
As you can see, the rigger used "Write visibility" option to swap between face parts. In Blender - all planes are visible.
Fri, Aug 30
Thu, Aug 29
Placing an overview for each single object (making it an optional filter) from the outliner I think is a fantastic idea ... people can quink understand the size of their files in their scenes, and maybe decide to split the scene into multiple linked files ... for a better performance management way.
I believe it is a very useful idea.
Thing is, you usually mamange your file/scenes/IDs from the outliner, not the info editor…
I think a much better place for this would be the Info Editor. All such stats should go there IMO. https://archive.blender.org/wiki/index.php/Dev:2.8/UI/Workshop_Writeup/#Info_Editor