Wed, Mar 20
Thu, Mar 14
We fixed a similar bug at some point after this report, appears to be fixed now.
Wed, Mar 13
Needed to apply manually, and forgot to mention the revision in the comment.
Committed as rB76437b903de.
The only alternative that comes to mind would be to improve the solve_cycles function so that the resulting graphs are ensured to perform orderly cleanup.
I don't have a better local solution.
For that issue, see T62094: Unable to insert a hide_viewport keyframe via the UI.
@Brecht Van Lommel (brecht), do you feel strong here? Can't think of a better solution than to introduce more relations.
@Dalai Felinto (dfelinto), this change has nothing to do with solving cycles, it just makes blender to not crash when there is a cycle.
From reading the patch it seems fine to me.
Likewise just tried object visibility keyframing in latest build as of today (Mac) and still no option to keyframe or add drivers to object viewport visibility (eye icon in outliner). This is quite a crucial feature for me to start migrating my main project to 2.80
'OBArmature.Mario.POSE_IK_SOLVER()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Bendy.BONE_READY()' through 'IK Chain Parent' 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Bendy.BONE_READY()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Bendy.BONE_CONSTRAINTS()' through 'Constraints -> Ready' 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Bendy.BONE_CONSTRAINTS()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Tail.BONE_READY()' through 'Damped Track' 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Tail.BONE_READY()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Tail.BONE_CONSTRAINTS()' through 'Constraints -> Ready' 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Tail.BONE_CONSTRAINTS()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Tail.BONE_POSE_PARENT()' through 'Pose -> Constraints Stack' 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Tail.BONE_POSE_PARENT()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Base.BONE_DONE()' through 'Parent Bone -> Child Bone' 'OBArmature.Mario.Spine.Base.BONE_DONE()' depends on 'OBArmature.Mario.POSE_IK_SOLVER()' through 'IK Chain Result'
Thu, Mar 7
More than a week without reply or activity. Due to the policy of the tracker archiving for until required info/data are provided.
Crashes also after referencing a scene property from another scene (in a single file):
Wed, Mar 6
Hello, I am facing the same problem.
Can someone give an example or a step by step guide of how to key visibility on instanced collection or object? (with the latest build of blender 2.80)
Mon, Mar 4
This seems resolved for me.
Sat, Mar 2
Currently only objects visibility is animated.
Fri, Mar 1
@Sergey Sharybin (sergey) : this will make me the happiest man :)
I'll test it in the next build.
Thanks a lot.
@Sylvain (Micool), please create a new bug report about that.
this fix created a new issue on the rendering an hidden object:
Thu, Feb 28
Committed quite some fixes in various related ares and this report is supposed to be fixed now! The minimal revision required is rB846d265a06e.
Mon, Feb 25
Feb 18 2019
Feb 14 2019
Weird. Was looking for quite some time =\ Thanks!
There will be more optimizations.
@Sergey Sharybin (sergey): file was there in the report (made this more visible now...)
Please always attach .blend file which demonstrates the issue.
At the moment my demo scene with some modifiers is at 5 fps in version 2.8.
In v2.79 its faster and runs at about 8 fps.
Feb 13 2019
Thank you for your effort. It works now.
@Sergey Sharybin (sergey), can you review this?
This appears to be solved in the latest builds.
@Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) : is this OK to stay on your desk?
AddressSanitizer: heap-use-after-free P911
Can reproduce here
Also I don't know if I should write here or create another task, but I can't even insert keyframe on viewport visibility, while I can insert one for render visibility. It will show an error as shown in the screenshot:
If some people with earlier build can insert keyframe on viewport visibility, even if they don't update correctly, is this one more regression from earlier build or intended to prevent crash? I've tried this on few builds that I still have, with the earliest build on 552b2287db86 (01/02/2019) and the latest build blender-2.80-d3870471edd7-win64 (12/02/2019).
I've just discovered this problem. I don't really understand the script workaround, but I know it's something with the internal code not updating. Because if I move a keyframe of Disable Render channel from the object, it will be updated, but then stays like the last render until I move any keyframe of Disable Render channel again.
Feb 12 2019
There were few things wrong in dependency graph and instancing code. Should be fixed now. Thanks for the report, closing.
BLI_assert failed: /blender/blenkernel/intern/DerivedMesh.c:2181, mesh_get_eval_final(), at 'DEG_debug_is_evaluating(depsgraph) == 0'
Feb 11 2019
doh! thats a facepalm on my side... thx @Bastien Montagne (mont29)
BKE_modifier_get_evaluated_mesh_from_evaluated_object() is doing plain rubbish in EditMode case… That was probably true at the time it was written, but we do have valid final and deformed (aka cage) evaluated meshes in BMEditMesh, nowadays. So fix is actually quite simple. ;)
I've the same problem.
I believe that being able to control visibility on viewport is very important.