**What is Cycles?**
Cycles is a ray tracing renderer focused on interactivity and ease of use, while still supporting many production features.
- [[ http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-cycles | Cycles mailing list ]], and also the [[ http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-comitters | Blender Developers ]] list.
- IRC channel `#cycles` and `#blendercoders` on `irc.freenode.net`
- Bug reports and patches are to be filed against #Cycles project
Manuals for both [[ http://www.blender.org/manual/render/cycles/ | Artists ]] and [[ http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles | Developers ]] are available.
Cycles is officially under the Blender Foundation umbrella, and so is developed on developer.blender.org. Source code is available either as standalone repository or as bundled into Blender sources.
To clone Cycles together with blender please consult #bf_blender project.
To clone Cycles source from stadalone repository as read-only use:
git clone git://git.blender.org/cycles.git
To clone as read-write (needs ssh key):
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:cycles.git
Online browse of sources is available for:
- [[https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/C/ | Standalone Repository]]
- [[ https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/intern/cycles/ | Sources within Blender ]]
**Module Owners**: @brecht @dingto @sergey
**Developer Members**: @broadstu @dfelinto @lockal
**User Members**: @m9105826 @marcog