This project collects relatively easy tasks for new developers to get involved. The tasks for this project are all features that we would accept in Blender releases.
**How to Start**
* [[ https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/34/query/open/ | Browse Quick Hacks ]] to find one.
* When you want to start working on a task, you can comment on the task to ask for more information if needed.
* When you have a patch ready, you may assign the task to yourself and submit [[ https://developer.blender.org/differential/diff/create/ | submit the diff ]] to get it reviewed.
//Please:// Verify that there isn't already a patch for the task by somebody else. If that's the case, it'll usually be mentioned in a comment or the task has a (open) differential revision assigned (those are usually listed in the task details, like in T45230)
You may also want to look at the [[ http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo | Todo ]] wiki page.
Quick Hacks can be added by developers and module team members for functionality that they would accept in Blender. This is not a wish list to suggest features.
Projects must be...
* Easy enough for an experienced developer to do in a short time (about 30min - 2hrs).
* Real projects (not simply exercises or janitor work).
* Acceptable to be added into Blenders code-base without discussion on controversial topics.