**What is libmv?**
libmv, also known as the Library for Multiview Reconstruction (or LMV), is the computer vision backend for Blender's matchmoving component. Unlike other vision libraries with general ambitions, libmv is focused on algorithms for match moving, specifically targeting Blender as the primary customer. Dense reconstruction, reconstruction from unorganized photo collections, image recognition, and other tasks are not a focus of libmv.
- Sign up for the [[ https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/libmv-devel | libmv mailing list ]], and also the [[ http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-vfx | bf-vfx ]] list.
- Join the IRC channel on #libmv and #blendercoders on irc.freenode.net - look for `keir` or `sergey-vfx`
- Check out & build the code standalone - needed for final contributions
- Check out & build Blender
- Write some code. Generally we follow the [[ https://google-styleguide.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cppguide.html | Google C++ Style Guide ]]
- File tickets against the Libmv project
Note as of 5/2015: Previous libmv sites are deprecated (Google Code & GitHub); this page and developer.blender.org are now the official home of libmv.
libmv is officially under the Blender umbrella, and so is developed on developer.blender.org. The [[ https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/LMV/ | source repository ]] can get checked out independently from Blender.
To clone Libmv sources as read-only use:
git clone git://git.blender.org/libmv.git
To clone as read-write (needs ssh key):
git clone email@example.com:libmv.git