Operating system: Windows 10 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 74), branch: master, commit date: 2019-06-30 19:51, hash: `rBbbb3500c9716`
**Short description of error**
Collection instance duplicates don't have selection outine when selected.
**Exact steps to reproduce the error**
1. Open Blender, Load Default Settings.
2. Add new collection (e.g. "Collection 2")
3. Add Cube to that collection.
4. Hide that collection in the viewport (not nessesary).
5. Add Collection Instance -> "Collection 2".
6. Duplicate that instance via `Shift-D` and move it somewhere.
6. Select duplicate -> no outline on the cube, select original collection instance -> outline is displayed.
When instance and its duplicate are selected at the same time -- outline is displayed on both.
When two duplicates of the same instance are selected at the same time -- no outline on both.
or open attached file: