Operating system: Mac Mojave
Graphics card: see attached system info.txt
version: 2.80 (sub 35), branch: blender2.8, commit date: 2018-12-03 23:39, hash: 1b6a394d862, type: Release
build date: 2018-12-04, 01:09:28
**Short description of error**
Starting blender on Mac laptop and the UI does not fill the app window. Please see the attached screenshot.
Also, try to click around in that black empty area to use the UI and highlight things on the small area. It's really wierd. It makes 2.8 unusable on the laptop. When I switch to a big screen, the UI snaps to the bigger window and is "fixed." Thus, it is only possible to work in 2.8 when I'm tethered to the bigger monitor.
**Exact steps for others to reproduce the error**
1. Start blender on 13.3" Mac laptop
2. The screen does not fill as in the attached screenshot.
3. Click around in the black area and watch the "mini-UI" highlight choices and move objects.
4. Connect a laptop to a bigger monitor and move the blender window to the larger screen.
5. The blender window should snap into the bigger app window.
Could not find this in the list of open or closed bugs. Hope it is helpful.