- Keymap T55162Hi, T54963
- Defaults T54943 (should not be much work just double check).
= Additionswelcome to the blender 2.8 documentation development task. This task and all subsequent subtasks are related to working on documentation for the next official Blender release (Blender 2.8).
- Workbench T54907
- Transparency mode T55109
- Lookdev T55110This is not a complete list of everything that needs to be done, but it should give a good starting point for reminders of things that need to get done.
Each task should give some sort of link to find more information on the feature that needs to be documented. Most often this is a link to the actual code commit, rB765fd29d6855d098d8fcdd72ba595dfd1e4e4e17
- Speculararity rBc450966e9562eb352b869f3b554d60a42dea2fa1,but can also be design task, or some other documentation that the developer wrote themselves. rBacaf46db0ea7103aaa3f46092b3582611d37ca0f
- 3D View
- Multiobject editingAs an author, you can use this to gather information of the feature. If you don't understand a feature you can talk to a developer who helped implement the feature or perform and internet search to learn about the feature from others who have already published information on the task.
- 3d Cursor -- True 3d & continuous dragging
- Mixed snap D3400
- Tools T54582 T53047
= How to Contribute
We want as many people to contribute to the documentation as possible. We understand that not everyone might have the technical knowledge to understand exactly and to use subversion, sphinx, and the markup language (restructed text) however, we will accept any help given to us.
Before you start contributing it may be helpful to read the style guides which give instructions on how to write with RST and some goals of the manual.
- [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/style_guides/markup_guide.html | Markup Style Guide ]]
- Scale cage
- Add interactive tools
- 3D View boarder/lasso rBe88e80a6a0c8976ac2d245c274ca5a0388736743- [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/style_guides/writing_guide.html | Writing Style Guide ]]
Now that you are familiar with the process, you can get setup, edit, and contribute your changes by following these links:
# [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/install/index.html | Install ]]
- Viewport# [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/build/index.html | Build ]]
- Shading# [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/editing.html | Edit ]]
- X-ray rBe4a727626e34eef20e2b41cc3e26b41db4f360a0# [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/build/index.html | Build again ]]
- Background options: rB70966af5134b0cf53273e3c6da19ad7d5857b0f2# [[https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/patch_commit.html | Patch or Commit ]]
If you do help us, the above method is prefered, however, - Toolbar
you can write documentation in other formats and someone else can copy it over to our system. While it is a bit harder for us, - Workspaces T54120
you can share documentation written in a shareable document format, or simply include the written documentation as a reply to the task you would like to work on. - Tool properties space type rB995fa1f4c0b1dc746b0978033b41984a653784e4