the migration to msvc2017 needs some work still to be considered stable and fully supported. This task is to keep track of what needs to be done.
* T53951 Copying run-time libraries no longer works.
* D2913 Cuda doesn't work with newer msvc versions.
* Block msvc 2013 in cmake
* remove vc12 libs from svn
* ~~fix boost warning about 'unknown compiler'~~ rBL62018
* add C4828 to warning ignore list for now (non utf-8 characters in 3rd party headers) once the offending libs have been upgraded we might turn this back on.
* update build instructions on the wiki