Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz 92 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Hewlett-Packard 1590 (CPU)
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series (HP) 84 °C
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10TPVT-65HT5T0 (SATA) 39 °C
hp BDDVDRW CA21N
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Broken: 2.71 hash 98a7896 (and earlier builds of 2.71)
Broken: 2.72 (Testbuild) hash d919218
Worked: 2.70 hash f93bc76 and earlier version (2.5x - 2.6x)
**Short description of error**
In both 2.71 and testbuild 2.72 the Texture Paint - Quick Edit tool transfers the image to my external editor perfectly, however after replacing the image and clicking the apply button or the in Blender, Blender attempts to apply the new image but goes into a "Not Responding state.
**Exact steps for others to reproduce the error**
This happens in all versions of 2.71 I've tried and the newest 2.72 testbuild
* Open Blend File
* Select Blender Render Mode and apply materials to the model
* Apply Shading - Texture Solid
* Select objects to be hidden from the edit and hide them
* Select object to be edited and select Texture Paint screen
* Adjust distance from the work camera that will produce best import resolution
* Adjust Image resolution (I have tried this by setting resolution from 512x512 to 1920x1080 and get the same result)
* Press Quick Edit Button - Image transfers to GIMP 2.8 perfectly from the work camera at the selected resolution
* Add a new layer, Edit the image, hide the transferred image so only the edited layer comes back and replace the image.
* Press Apply after the image completes its "replace" save
* Blender goes into what appears to be a never ending loop (Animated Blue Circle "Working" Cursor)
* I've let Blender sit for a few minutes to see if it will apply the image to no avail. When I click anywhere on the screen, Blender turns white and the Not Responding - Close or Wait error box appears.
* I have closed Blender, re-launched and attempted to use the Apply From Camera button by selecting a previously save export, same result, Blender goes into a Not Responding State.
* Thinking that it may have been fixed in a nightly build, I have replaced multiple builds - I get the same result.
Above picture is after waiting 2 minutes with animated "Working Icon" displayed then clicking the program screen
Based on a (as simple as possible) attached .blend file with minimum amount of steps
The following materials were edited using the Texture Paint - Quick Edit tool in Version 2.70a Hash f93bc76