OS: Ubuntu 13.04 (64 bit)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430
Broken: Blender 2.69 e9e08a1 (from buildbot)
Broken: Blender 2.69 48b9680 (own build)
Worked: Blender 2.69 6d8f76c (from buildbot)
**Short description of error**
Older versions of blenderplayer worked fairly well with my game (15-25fps), now they are very slow indeed (1.1fps).
**Exact steps for others to reproduce the error**
Start a game that contains a fairly complicated scene. Details for the one I'm testing with are listed below - but this is by no means a minimal test case.
1. [[ http://cargo.smidginsoftware.com/pages/thanks.html | Download S. Cargo ]] - Note: this game is currently in beta; please don't publicise widely.
1. Unzip it, and change to the new directory.
1. Ignore the packaged `cargo` executable, and instead run `blenderplayer assets/Outdoors.blend`. Notice that the frame rate is much slower in recent versions.
Although e9e08a1 is the earliest version I've tried so far that has the bug, I'm pretty sure this is //not// a bug in the LOD code. Here is a screenshot of a profiler that I ran while running the game:
This profile was taken //after// the game had finished loading, and yet a great deal of time was spent loading images. I think this is not the case in 6d8f76c (which doesn't have the bug) - although I still need to build that version with debug symbols to be sure.