Broken: (nightly build 2.79.1 948515c, 26th december)
Worked: (nightly build 2.79.1 from around 20th November)
**Short description of error**
Blender ignores custom template's keymapping and still uses the default one instead. Startup file and splash screen is being read from the template correctly.
**Exact steps for others to reproduce the error**
1. Download the attached template file 'bLandscapeTools.zip' and install it via File->Application Templates->Install template from file. This extract template's file(startup,userpref,splash screen) to //c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\startup\bl_app_templates_user\bLandscapeTools\//
2. Switch to bLandscapeTools template either from splash screen or via File->Application Templates->bLandscapeTools. You should see custom bLandscapeTools splash screen and startup file with environment texture being loaded properly.
3. The problem is when pressing **F key**, blender should run bpy.ops.view3d.navigate() (walk/fly mode, by default mapped to Shift+F), but it doesn't as it still uses the default key mapping(as well as other user preferences)
4. I tried to copy bLandscapeTools's userpref.blend to //c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\bLandscapeTools\ //, but that didn't help. It works only when I copy bLandscapeTools's userpref.blend to //c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\ //, but that's obviously wrong way to fix it...
5. Even worse, while bLandscapeTools template still active, go to **User Preferences** panel and hit **Save User Settings**, userpref.blend in //c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\config\bLandscapeTools\ // gets overwritten with the default(factory) settings.