For production work (like we do now for Agent 327) it is very useful to have metadata in preview videos. This allows us to:
- for a shot, compute the frame range(s) *in the original blend file* that will be visible in the final edit.
- in the edit, view the shot name (as the blendfile name that rendered the video is the most authoritative source of this information).
- directly from the edit (i.e. sequence editor), open a shot blendfile in a new Blender.
- possibly in the future: given a frame of a previs video, open the file in Blender at that frame (which can be taken further, and, for example, provide a list of characters currently visible).
To accomplish this. this patch writes the following metadata to a video output file to make this possible:
- base filename of blendfile (so no directory)
- scene name
- start frame
- end frame