A compositor node for calculating distance from the nearest masked pixel.
This node is useful for complicated masking and the other various effects.
- "Distance" output gives an Euclidean distance from the closest masked pixel
- "Vector X"/"Vector Y" outputs allow us to obtain information at the starting point of the distance if combining with the Displace Node
- "Invert" option specifies whether to invert the inner and outer areas
- "Relative" option specifies whether to use relative distance
- Included in "Convertor" category
Unfortunately, the DistanceTransformOperation is performed in a single thread, but much faster than the DilateDistanceOperation/ErodeDistanceOperation with large number of steps.
Note: The output sockets are two scalar outputs and have to be connected to the Displace Node's "X Scale"/"Y Scale" inputs, not to the "Vector" input, because the vector input changes the input values by bilinear filtering and produces unexpected results.
Use "Invert" option
Material color of the nearest object
Masking/coloring toon edges