Groups now use collections internally instead of GroupObject to handle group elements.
This way we can control object visibility via the collections and in the future, overrides.
What is working
- Old 2.79 files (see todo for visibility), instancing, linking, appending, it all should work just like before.
- Create group from collection (RMB in a Collection > Create Group).
What is not working
- Create a group, then remove an object from the group using the outliner interface (Group > Collection > RMB > Remove Selected):
BLI_assert failed: /home/dfelinto/src/blender/blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern/library.c:246, id_us_min(), at '0'
- I think I'm not respecting the original group visibility flag, I will need to tackle that (I will create a different collection for the hidden objects).
Not included here
- Collections of type Group. We have a design for this, but we want to handle it separately.