This implements the most important items from T62490.
The problem with our paint tool propertiers, is that it has been incredibly disorganized.
- The color palette swatches are far away from the palette picker
- The color gradient appears far away from the Use Gradient checkbox
- The lock icons next to the Strength and Radius icons have nothing to do with locking anything
- We don't use hierarchy to communicate information and related options
This patch makes the following changes:
- Consolidate each brush section (Color, Swatches, Gradient) and make them distinct
- Remove the lock icons and move these items into an Advanced sub panel, together with other toggles
- They now have descriptive names that users have a chance to understand
- Use an enum for view vs scene brush unit
- Use Property Split layout and sub-panels in line with the rest of 2.8
Here are some images of how this looks:
(The brush picker itself still looks awful, and still isn't dynamic, but that is unchanged)
(Here with square color picker, set in Preferences)
If users wish to use swatches, they can use the dedicated Swatches sub-section with swatch palettes: