(Work in progress, this is a 2.82 feature)
This patch contains the Vertex Colors painting mode available in the sculpt branch. It provides:
- Much better performance and more advanced tools
- Reuse all optimizations and tools from sculpt mode
- Sculpting and painting at the same time
- Remesh reprojection
This patch includes the most basic features to get the Sculpt Vertex Colors working:
- CD_MVERTCOL data layer
- SCULPT_UNDO_COLOR for undo support in sculpt mode
- SCULPT_UPDATE_COLOR and PBVH flags and rendering
- Remesher reprojection in the Voxel Remehser
- Basic Paint Brush
- Color selector in the top bar
All the remaining features that are in the current vertex paint mode are implemented in the sculpt branch and I will add them in future patches. Sculpting and painting at the same time can also be easily enabled in a future patch.
I added the CD_MVERTCOL layer without doing anything to CD_MLOOPCOL. The idea in T67520 is to replace them completely, but I'm not sure how are we going to approach merging this.