This patch include several changes that cannot be splitted in several patches because all are very related:
- New complete Vertex Paint mode (T68326).
- Now Sculpt and Weight Paint "hacked" brushes are real Blender Brushes (T71711).
- All Sculpt and Weight Paint are real tools now.
- All Sculpt/Weight and Vertex Paint brushes support full modes of falloff curves.
- Weight Paint has been splitted from Sculpt Paint operator.
- New operators required to work with Vertex Paint.
- New modifier for Vertex Paint.
- Eyedropper now support Materials and Palettes.
- New Default Palette required by Vertext Paint (Used default Krita colors).
- Changes in Paint operators to handle fast strokes (T70765).
- Cleanup of the code and remove old "hacked" brushes code.
- Full review of the UI for Brushes in order to keep consitency with other Blender modes.
- gpencil_brush.c has been renamed as gpencil_sculpt_paint.c in order to keep naming consistency.
- D6242 is included in this patch.
- Only one Vertex Paint layer is available. The reasons to go in this way are several, but mainly because it adds a lot of complexity and CPU/GPU time for a feature that is not really required for grease pencil now (we haven't nodes) and only required for very special corner cases. We could implement in the future, but now it's totally out of scope.
Vertex Paint demo:
Conversion from Materials to Vertex Colors:
Eyedropper using Palettes demo:
We have been testing all these features for weeks in greasepencil-object branch before doing this patch to be sure all is running fine.