Sometimes on flat open vertices the thickness would suddenly start to be jumping in powers of 2, also when bending a plane there is a noticable jump in the geometry. When offset is set to -1 or 1 weird glitches happen.
These things are now fixed with this revision.
This file shows the issues, steps to create below:
Steps to reproduce the three most critical bugs:
- Add a plane
- Add the modifier with options complex, constraints, offset = 0, thickness = e.g. 0.3, visible in editmode
- in edit mode, inset the plane face, by pressing I
- there should be some weird jumpiness while dragging the mouse for the inset operator
- Add a plane and make a cut down the middle (e.g. with Ctrl+R)
- select one face and flip its normals (Alt+N)
- add the solidify modifier with options complex, constraints, offset = 0, visible in editmode
- in editmode select one of the long outer edges
- from sideview, zoom in very close to the center
- move the selected edge (pointing out the screen, but outside of the current visible area)
- you will notice, that at the bending point there will be some jumpiness just when starting to move the edge.
- if you change the offset you will also notice, upon closed examination, that in this bended case thickness is not preserved when moving the offset slider
- Add a cube, select an edge, hit delete vertices
- select the inner edge and hit Ctrl+B for bevel
- add solidify with option complex mode, angle clamp and clamp to some value, offset = 0.0
- notice how the open borders (vertices with two edges/one face) are reduced in thickness