This operator manages sculpt level switching of a Multires Modifier in Sculpt mode and Multires/Subdivision Surface in Object. It is assigned to Alt + Shift + Q to go down one level and Shift + Q to go up one level.
It has the following features:
- When a higher/lower level is available, it switches the sculpt level one level up/down directly
- If a higher/lower level is not available, the operator will show a confirmation dialog to perform a subdivide or unsubdivide operation. In subdividing operations this dialog shows the vertex and poly count of the next subdivision level before executing the subdivision.
- If there is now Multires Modifier available, the operator will create a new one with a higher/lower level already available.
- In object mode, if a Multires modifier is available it will change the preview subdivision level, creating new levels when necessary
- In object mode, if no Multires modifier is available it will create a Subdivision Surface modifier and control its subdivisions directly.
For now, the unsubdivide operation is never executed as it depends on D7372