Project: Blender Extensions
Tracker: Py Scripts Release
Script name: Object: Fracture Tools
Wiki page: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.5/Py/Scripts/Object/Fracture
Author(s): pildanovak (vilda)
SVN Download: https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-extensions/trunk/py/scripts/addons/object_fracture/
1.Download and install extension. go to preferences->addons>install, find the .zip file(do not unpack it yourself, installer does). Then enable the Fracture extension.
2. create a manifold mesh(cube), space-search fracture object operator, run it.
3. Tweak the operator properties in the last operator area. then check execute. The operator tweaking isn't possible since that point. If you set up a lot of shards, you'll have to wait.
4. select all the shards you want to take part in explosion. Then search and run the Setup shards operator.
5. run these 2 operators: Add rigidbody recorder, Add bomb.
6. you can place the bomb whereever you want, and tweak it's properties in the logic window. prop names should be self explanatory.
7. Select the shards.
8. Run the game engine.
9. After leaving engine, your animation should be baked.
there is allready game engine recording feature in 2.5, so theoretically this could be redone to not use the recorder, but now you have to use it because it also freezes objects in the beginning. I also consider the possibility to re-bake just the selected shards much better than baking all rigidbodies in the scene...
No projectile or 'active shard' feature from 2.49, not possible with 2.5 now.
Also no 2d version(no acces to images from rna yet ), no voronoi yet e.t.c. I have now very few time for this, so anybody wanting to play with the code is welcome. It's very simple, just few lines of code!