OS: Windows 7 64bit
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (driver: 331.82)
Broken: Blender 2.69 r61235
Worked: dont know
Short description of error
there are 2 things
- is the bleeding of normal maps supposed to have these very strong variations of color? i would expect them to flow with the same color and not abruptly change but that might be because i dont understand the maths behind that.
- when baking on a low resolution texture every edge gets visible in the normal map and the faces look like they are inset. and when having a reflection map on the object the reflection does not go in the same direction over the object but switches direction over each face when rotation the object. which leads me to believe that there might something wrong here but then again i dont know the math so...
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- bake a normal map from a highres to a low res object and make sure to have some uv islands that are diagonal
- bake a normal map from a high res mesh to a low res mesh
- if you dont see the artifacts with the normal map enabled continue
- decrease the texture size and bake again
- at some resolution the artefacts should become visible all over the mesh