OS: Ubuntu 13.04 (64 bit)
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430
Broken: Blender 2.69 e9e08a1 (from buildbot)
Broken: Blender 2.69 48b9680 (own build)
Worked: Blender 2.69 6d8f76c (from buildbot)
Short description of error
Older versions of blenderplayer worked fairly well with my game (15-25fps), now they are very slow indeed (1.1fps).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Start a game that contains a fairly complicated scene. Details for the one I'm testing with are listed below - but this is by no means a minimal test case.
- Download S. Cargo - Note: this game is currently in beta; please don't publicise widely.
- Unzip it, and change to the new directory.
- Ignore the packaged cargo executable, and instead run blenderplayer assets/Outdoors.blend. Notice that the frame rate is much slower in recent versions.
Although e9e08a1 is the earliest version I've tried so far that has the bug, I'm pretty sure this is not a bug in the LOD code. Here is a screenshot of a profiler that I ran while running the game:
This profile was taken after the game had finished loading, and yet a great deal of time was spent loading images. I think this is not the case in 6d8f76c (which doesn't have the bug) - although I still need to build that version with debug symbols to be sure.