I've put blender, straight out of the git repository, through Visual Studio 2013 and cleaned up some warnings, included annotating the code with the warnings where I did not change the source code.
Blender x64 compiles for me. I have not yet got it to link in Debug mode as I have not yet set up the all the libraries. The Release mode links but the result crashes immediately in wrap_oal.dll, probably because I am running WIndows 8.1 and need a different version of the library.
Perhaps someone like @Martijn Berger (juicyfruit) who has all the libraries set up can give this a whirl, or put it into the experimental buildbot system for checking.
Here's the patchfile: