Arch Linux w/ AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
Broken: example: 2.70.5 d1cf350
Short description of error
Blender segfaults with some operations (confirmed with bpy.ops.mesh.spin and setting parent of bones via options view).
I believe that both of the above are related; the stack traces are essentially identical. I am currently recompiling Blender in debug mode to produce a better stack trace.
Following the steps below, Blender segfaults every time (at least 10+ times on this and other projects.)
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open file, tab into Edit mode for the Circle.
- Alt-R from the right side (3).
- Change Steps to 32.
- Open file, tab into Edit mode for the armature.
- Select only the left bone.
- In the Bone options panel, click the "Parent" object selector and set parent as Bone (versus Bone.001).
(Note that with bones, Ctrl-P in the viewport works perfectly.)