Wireframes for Blender 2.8
- solve the issue T44505
- minimize passes: desirable 1
- several types of edge highlighting (with styles and colors); also, it should be possible to make no edge.
- support polygons with number of vertices > 3
From the technique's original authors:
Easy wireframe display with barycentric coordinates
- How can we highlight the edge (specify edge style, including no style)? We should somehow map vertex attributes to the edge. To solve this issue we should refuse the use of indexed geometry?
- Should we have a different approach to draw quads? Or just triangle case is sufficient?
- What changes for the mesh types are required?
- There are two points from the original authors of method.
- The method does not support indexed geometry
- Primitive/geometry shaders alleviate this!
Geometry shaders alleviate this only if we make simple wireframe with a one single style and with tessellated polygons. For general case it is still needs attributes per triangle (not indexed geometry on CPU side).