This bug will occur on any system
I sometimes want to render certain Renderlayers in altering resolutions mainly for performance-reasons. But unfortunately, blender "forgets" any rendered layers as soon as you change the render resolution and click on "Render active Scene" in the compositor and that's a real pain. It get's even worse, because i can't find any file to backup my rendered images, that can save blenders internal image quality...suggest a file type, if you want...
How to recreate the bug
- Add a second render Layer to your scene.
- Go to the Compositor, select your first layer and hit the camera button.
- Wait for the render to finish.
- Change the resolution scale from 50% to 100%
- Duplicate the first RenderLayer-node, go to your second layer and press the "render active scene"-button again
- as soon as it finishes rendering your first render will be disappeared.