Page MenuHome

SVN Error - Filesystem is corrupt
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

There is a problem with the "images" folder.

svn: Filesystem is corrupt

Details

Type
Bug

Event Timeline

Sergey Sharybin (sergey) closed this task as Resolved.Oct 18 2016, 6:16 PM

There was some major corruption from the server side, so we ended up reverting repository to an older working state. We were not able to recover your commits and now repository corresponds to revision 2958.

You'll have to re-checkout the repository and apply your latest changes again.

Afraid that's as much as we can do here.

Again, it is the same.

That is weird.

What is your client, it's version and what exactly you're doing when this happens?

SmartSVN 9.1.2
I made a lot of similar commits before and had no problems.

Well, it is second time your commit causes a server corruption, so it's something definitely not right here.

It is quite late here, so for now i've simple reverted the repository to an older state. See the list for details.

I've also revoked commit rights from you for until we go to the root of the issue to prevent any possible further corruption. Please join #blendercoders IRC room at irc.freenode.net tomorrow CEST office hours and poke hackerman-. We'll go over your setup and probably try several commits to a test repository.

At the meantime, if you can archive your current bf-manual checkout and share with me (via ftp.blender.org/incoming maybe?) that will give us some extra info to look into and hopefully figure out what the exact issue is.

For the record I use the same SVN client

Just a quick update. this is a bug in svn itself which i'm forwarding to svn developers now. For the time being please avoid big changes to svn repositories since recovering from a broken state is quite tedious and time consuming..

Will give more information when we have it.

Just a quick update: the bug was confirmed by SVN developers and being worked on. There is an initial fix for it committed which fixes this particular corruption.

So seems it'll be included into upcoming 1.9.5 release which is planned real soon AFAIK.

Please forgive me, but this time it was my fault please reset the repository to rBM2977

No real news unfortunately.

This is a bug in Subversion itself which was fixed in the upstream. Now we just wait for Subversion 1.9.5 to be out (which was actually planned at end of Oct but was delayed after that).

I've stumble this error, I don't know if this related with this issue

svn: E175009: The XML response contains invalid XML
svn: E130003: Malformed XML: no element found

I have that error constantly lately. I use Tortise SVN. Never had a problem since 2013

Yep, those are all part of the issue. Status update: SVN 1.9.5 will be out in a couple of weeks, likely the end of the month.

Sergey Sharybin (sergey) closed this task as Resolved.Dec 1 2016, 2:39 PM

New ports arrived to FreeBSD 2016Q4 today and were installed now. Meaning, the issue is finally solved!