Linux Mint (Ubuntu)
Broken: 2.78 729affe
Short description of error
Grease Pencil Palettes are not linked to the scene, renaming their colors' names segfaults
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- open a fresh blend file
- create a new grease pencil data block (or "New Layer", doesn't change the result)
- crucial fact is that there is no palette linked to the grease pencil data-block
- paste the following two lines into the console
scene = bpy.context.scene palette = scene.grease_pencil.palettes.active or scene.grease_pencil.palettes.new("GP_Palett")
- observe how the newly created palette is not visible in the UI
- change the name of a color by executing
mycolor = palette.colors.new() # this expression segfaults mycolor.name = "test"
Crucially, changing the hide property doesn't segfault, so name seems to be special.
This segfault is probably only possible via scripting, but still very bad. It was discovered during my work on the Freestyle GPencil Exporter.