Based on T52668, background images have been largely removed, to use empty-images.
There are some remaining TODO's though, this task is to keep track of those.
Each could be its own task, but not sure it's really needed.
Empty Image Tasks
- Update Add menu to have options for reference image, background image and image as mesh.
- Single sided display (to show only in front/back view).
- Option only to display in ortho axis-view.
- On adding, align image rotation (and scale?) to current view.
- Dedicated entry in the Add menu (under sub-menu)
- On adding, open the file browser (thumbnail view/image filtered)
- Pivot of the image should be centered (image offset -0.5, -0.5)
Camera Image Tasks
The existing logic for background images has been kept only for camera view.
- Background option not working (working with the draw manager needs investigation)