Broken: latest master
Worked: never by the looks of it
When you create a cycles node based on bpy.types.NodeCustomGroup the material view gives black output.
- Install this demo addon https://github.com/LazyDodo/BrickTricks is another good example the problem however is not limited to this addon, all addons based on bpy.types.NodeCustomGroup will have the same issue
- make a simple scene with the addon. (ie assign some random colors/textures, and set the mix factor to some random value)
- switch to rendered view, play with the parameters to make sure it works.
- switch to material view, observe black result.
- given the NodeCustomGroup uses a nodegroup as backend, add the backing nodegroup to the material, duplicate the settings and use that instead of the custom node.
- switch to material view, now it works!