- Machine: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet Laptop
- OS: Manjaro KDE
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000
- CPU: Intel i5-2520M
- RAM: 8 GB
- Branch: blender2.8
- Hash: a3d9ef2ea5
Short description of error
EEVEE runs fine most of the time but when new objects are added or materials are added to the objects EEVEE can take upwards of five minutes to start working again and respond. Even in the default scene adding simple cubes, spheres, cones, etc. slows down EEVEE. This does not effect Cycles, Clay, or Blender Internal.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- With a computer with similar or identical specs open Blender 2.8.
- Open either of the provided .blend files.
- You should be able to navigate the scene in EEVEE.
- Try adding an object while in EEVEE mode or even try to add a material to that object and EEVEE should be completely unusable for a long period of time.
- After EEVEE has loaded you should again be able to navigate the environment with ease.
- Try doing the same thing in any other rendering angine and it should add the object almost immediately.