NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB
Worked: Never? spotted it about 7 years ago, but only just around to filing this!
Short description of error
The constrain axis manipulator often fails to function when the 3d view is maximised
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Use Shift + Spacebar to take the 3d View into full screen
- Try to constrain the axis of an object's movement by dragging on one of the manipulator axis (red, blue or green arrows)
- You should find that the object's translation is not constrained as you would expect?
- …oh…works fine at the mo? I started this report yesterday and quit it, because I couldn’t reproduce….but the next morning I can!
- So, I am still not exactly sure ‘how’ to faithfully reproduce, but I definitely have again…
I think this is the reason I have never fully reported it, because I can’t figure out the exact cause. However, these things I know for sure….
3d View must be maximised (Shift+Spacebar)
Must be in Perspective view! Flipping back between Ortho and Perspective (Numpad 5) you can see that the Axis Constraint works fine in Ortho, but not in Perspective.
Once the bug is ‘found’, it is persistent…
You can ShitSpacebar back to normal UI, all will work, but if you immediately ShiftSpacebar back to maximised, the constraint will fail again.
Also, with regard to Blender version and operating system, I have noticed this bug for many, many years on multiple computers on both PC and Mac computers.
Hope you can find it! Will report back if I figure out the exact reproduction steps…
I currently have the bug in Edit Mode, but it can definitely happen in Object Mode too.