SysInfo: Windows 10, GTX 1070
When adding a collection to a ViewLayer, the collection shows up as part of the "Master Collection" and also at the root level in the outliner. If you shift+select the collection both at the root-level and in the "Master Collection" hierarchy, then click delete, Blender crashes.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open Blender 2.8 w/ the default startup file loaded.
- Change the active view layer to "Viewport" since "RenderLayer" doesn't have the master collection showing in outliner...
- Add a new collection to the view layer. NOTE: you should see the "New Collection" show up at the *root* level in the outliner (same level as "Master Collection") and also as a child of the "Master Collection" hierarchy.
- Shift+select to select the "New Collection" in both places it is available in the outliner (at root level and also within the "Master Collection" hierarchy.
- Click the 'x' button to delete the collection w/ it selected in both places and blender should crash.
*Note that this can also be accomplished by simply linking in the same collection multiple times in the same view-layer, shift+selecting the same collection at least twice, and then trying to delete it in the outliner.