Adaptive subdivision and displacement needs some work still to be considered stable and fully supported. This task is to keep track of what needs to be done.
- T49159: Tangents should be computed at the limit surface.
- T49585: Adaptive subdivision setting linking issue.
- T49431: Missing smooth (face-varying) UV subdivision.
- T73395: Pointiness not working with subdivision
- T73403: Missing vertex colors
- Motion blur not working (test file)
- Support for instances, two strategies both worth trying:
- Object space dicing option so users can manually set it for all instances
- Bin instances according to distance from camera, so we have about log(N)
- Grid primitive to reduce memory usage
- Optimizations, reduce memory allocations, .. (T73564: Adaptive subdivision modifier takes to much memory )
- In Blender 2.8, Blender subdivides the mesh itself which leads to too much memory usage.
- Fast BVH refit updates when tweaking displacement shader
- Better results for bump from vector displacement.
- Vector displacement tangents compatible with other software.