Adaptive subdivision and displacement needs some work still to be considered stable and fully supported. This task is to keep track of what needs to be done.
- T49049: Cracks between patches, due to discontinuities and no stitching.
- T49048: Normal discontinuities between patches.
- T49159: Tangents should be computed at the limit surface.
- T49585: Adaptive subdivision setting linking issue.
- T49431: Missing smooth (face-varying) UV subdivision.
- Motion blur not working (test file)
- Support for instances, two strategies both worth trying:
- Object space dicing option so users can manually set it for all instances
- Bin instances according to distance from camera, so we have about log(N)
- Grid primitive to reduce memory usage
- Optimizations, reduce memory allocations, ..
- Fast BVH refit updates when tweaking displacement shader
- Better results for bump from vector displacement.
- Vector displacement tangents compatible with other software.